- 250 ml (1 cup) brown sugar
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) chopped pecans
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) butter
- 30 ml (1 tbsp.) lemon zest
- 500 ml (2 cups) whole wheat or all-purpose flour
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) cornmeal
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) cinnamon
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) baking powder
- 2 ml (1/2 tsp.) salt
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) lemon zest
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cup) apples, grated
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cup) Le Gré des Champs cheese, grated
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) melted butter
- 150 ml (2/3 cup) brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 250 ml (1 cup) milk
- Mix all ingredients to a granular consistency.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Butter and flour muffin tin cups.
- In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients, apples and cheese.
- Beat butter together with brown sugar, eggs and milk.
- Pour into the dry ingredients and mix just enough to moisten.
- Spoon the batter to fill the large muffin tin cups about three-quarters full.
- Sprinkle the tops with pecan crunch (see recipe below).
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the tops are golden.
- Let stand for 5 minutes and turn out onto a cooling rack. Serve warm or cold.
Your message has been send successfully.