- 60 ml (1/4 cup) unsalted butter
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) unsweetened apple sauce
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cup) Cortland apples, grated
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) raisins
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) lemon zest
- 250 ml (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 250 ml (1 cup) whole wheat flour
- 250 ml (1 cup) grated Gouda from here, such as Louis Cyr cheese
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) baking powder
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) ground cinnamon
- 2 ml (1/2 tsp.) baking soda
- 1 pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 180 ºC (350 ºF).
- In a bowl, beat the butter, brown sugar and eggs together to obtain a creamy mixture.
- Add the apple sauce, apples, raisins and lemon zest. Mix together and set aside.
- In another bowl, mix the remaining ingredients together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients while stirring.
- Pour the mixture into a lightly buttered and floured bread pan measuring 20 cm x 10 cm (8 in. x 4 in.).
- Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
Your message has been send successfully.