- 900 g (2 lbs) Cortland apples, peeled and cut into thin slices
- 250 ml (1 cup) Cheddar Vieux Charlevoix, grated
- 250 ml (1 cup) ground almonds
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) raisins
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) sugar
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) cashews, unsalted, chopped
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) ground cinnamon
- 3 ml (1/2 tsp.) coriander seeds, ground
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- 4 sheets of filo dough, about 30 x 45 cm (12 x 18 in)
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a large bowl, mix together the apples, cheese, almonds, raisins, sugar, cashews, lemon zest, cinnamon, coriander seeds and nutmeg.
- Lay out a sheet of filo dough on a working surface.
- Brush with butter, and layer with the other sheets of filo dough, brushing each of them with butter.
- Spread out the apple mixture on the dough, and roll it up tightly.
- Place on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Brush with butter once again.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until the strudel is golden and crispy.
- Remove from the oven, and cut into 4 servings. Serve hot.
Your message has been send successfully.