- 1 package (411 g or 14 oz) of frozen puff pastry dough, thawed
- 200 g (7 oz) of Cheddar from here, such as Le Cru du Clocher or Riviera Cheddar, cut into pieces
- 3 Cortland apples, peeled and chopped
- 250 ml (1 cup) apple sauce
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) grilled pecans, chopped
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) cinnamon, ground
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 190 °C (375 °F).
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out each piece of dough to form a 20 cm (8 in.) square.
- Cut each piece in four even squares.
- In a bowl, mix the apples, cheese, apple sauce, pecans and cinnamon together.
- Spread the apple filling evenly on the center of the dough squares.
- Brush the edges with the egg. Fold each square diagonally in two to form a triangle.
- Press the edges together to seal completely.
- Brush each turnover with the egg.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until the turnovers are slightly puffy and golden.
- Allow to cool down before serving.
Your message has been send successfully.