- 60 ml (1/4 cup) of 15% cooking cream
- 250 ml (1 cup) La Tomme des Demoiselles, grated
- 2 eggs
- 250 ml (1 cup) milk
- 250 ml (1 cup) sugar
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) vanilla
- Zest of one lemon, finely grated
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) cornmeal
- 250 ml (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.), plus 60 ml (1/4 cup) soft butter, unsalted, in cubes
- 1 can 398 ml (14 oz) of apricots, halved
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) pistachios, crushed
- 3 ml (1/2 tsp.) whole nutmeg, grated
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a small saucepan, heat cream, add La Tomme des Demoiselles. Let it melt. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, and lemon zest. Add the cream and La Tomme des Demoiselles mixture. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt. Add the liquid mixture.
- Grease a spring form pan with 30 ml (2 tbsp.) of butter.
- Pour batter into the pan. Place apricot halves on the batter, and spread out the pistachios and butter cubes. Sprinkle with grated nutmeg.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for approximately 40 minutes, until a fork inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve.
Your message has been send successfully.