- 200 g (7 oz) puff pastry dough, store-bought
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1 bunch of asparagus (about 450 g or 1 lb), stemmed
- 250 ml (1 cup) 15% cooking cream
- 250 ml (1 cup) Le Fleurmier de Charlevoix, cut into cubes
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) chives, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough to 3-4 mm (1/8 in) thickness. Cut out four 15 x 8 cm (6 po x 3 po) rectangles. Place on a baking sheet. Brush the beaten egg yolk on the puff pastry dough.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, until the dough is slightly golden.
- Place the asparagus in a saucepan filled with boiling water, and cook for about 2 minutes until tender but still crisp. Set aside.
- Open up the puff pastries by cutting them width-wise and set aside.
Preparation of the Fleurmier de Charlevoix cream
- Heat the cream in a saucepan. Add the Le Fleurmier de Charlevoix, lemon zest and chives. Add salt and pepper.
- Spread the Le Fleurmier de Charlevoix cream on each bottom half of the pastries. Place the asparagus over top. Cover with the other half of the pastries.
- Pour the rest of the Le Fleurmier de Charlevoix cream over top. Top with chives.
Your message has been send successfully.