- 450 g (1 lb) Quebec’s asparagus
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) chorizo, thinly sliced
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) butter
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) olive oil
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) honey
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) mint, finely chopped
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) chives, finely chopped
- 4 slices of Le Marquis de Témiscouata
- 1 L (4 cups) mesclun lettuce
- 8 crostini
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven on broil.
- Blanch the asparagus in salted boiling water for about 5 minutes. Drain and rinse with ice-cold water to cool it down, and then chop.
- In a frying pan, grill the chorizo slices in butter. Set aside on a paper towel.
- In a large bowl, beat together the olive oil, honey, zest and juice of a lemon, shallot, mint and chives. Add salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Divide the slices of Le Marquis de Témiscouata onto 4 crostinis.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Toss the asparagus and lettuce with vinaigrette dressing. Add salt and pepper.
- Top salad with grilled chorizo slices.
- Before serving, divide the asparagus salad among 4 plates and place a crostini with melted Le Marquis de Témiscouata onto each dish.
Your message has been send successfully.