- 1 lb. (450 g) fresh asparagus
- 2 oz. (55 g) La Tablée cheese, finely grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup (125 ml) country cream, 15 %
- 2 tsp. (10 ml) creamy horseradish
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) maple syrup
- Juice and zest of half an orange
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- ¼ cup (60 ml) sugar
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) water
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Zests of one orange
- About ¼ cup (40 g) pecans
- Remove the hard asparagus stems. Steam or boil asparagus in salted water until tender. Asparagus can be microwaved for 8 minutes with 3 tbsp. (45 ml) of water. Immediately after cooking, rinse with cold water to cool them down. Drain and set aside.
- Whip all the ingredients. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, cook sugar and water until caramelized. Do not stir with a spoon. Add cayenne pepper and orange zests. Add pecans and spread quickly over parchment paper. Let cool and break into pieces.
- When ready to serve, place the asparagus on a serving platter, pour the vinaigrette, top with cheese and sprinkle orange-spiced pecans.
Your message has been send successfully.