- 85 ml (1/3 cup) sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) flour or cornstarch
- 500 ml (2 cups) milk
- 2 ml (1/2 tsp.) vanilla extract
- 250 ml (1 cup) puréed bananas
- One 150 g (5 oz) block of diced L’Ange Gardien, rind removed
- 1 pinch of ground nutmeg
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) unsweetened toasted coconut
- Using a mixer, beat sugar with egg yolks until mixture is thick and pale yellow. Stir in flour.
- In a saucepan, heat milk until it begins to steam. Do not boil.
- Pour a small amount of hot milk into egg mixture to warm it, and then add the remaining milk. Continue cooking for 4 to 5 minutes over low heat until the mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla, puréed bananas, diced L’Ange Gardien and nutmeg. Stir to melt the cheese.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Ensure wrap sticks to the mixture. Cool for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Serve like a pudding or pour mixture into a baked piecrust. Garnish with toasted coconut.
Your message has been send successfully.