- 500 ml (2 cups) beef stock
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) flour
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) tomato paste
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) butter
- 1 kg (2 lb) beef cubes
- 4 bacon slices, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 250 ml (1 cup) red wine
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) fresh thyme, chopped
- 250 ml (1 cup) mushrooms, sliced
- 200 g L'Extra Grand Camembert, 8 slices
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a bowl, mix the beef stock, flour and tomato paste together.
- In an oven-proof frying pan, melt half the butter and brown the beef cubes and bacon.
- Add the onion, and continue cooking until everything is browned.
- Pour the beef stock mixture in and bring to a boil, while stirring.
- Add the red wine and seasonings.
- Cover and bake for about 2 hours or until the meat is very tender.
- Meanwhile, sauté the mushrooms in the remaining butter.
- Add to the meat mixture. Then, cover with slices of L'Extra Grand Camembert, and continue baking for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Your message has been send successfully.