- 10 ml (2 tsp.) salted butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 125 ml (½ cup) La Criminelle by La Voie maltée, or another black beer
- 1 slice bread, in crumbs
- 125 ml (½ cup) milk
- 1 egg
- 680 g (1½ lbs.) lean ground beef
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) fresh parsley, chopped
- 170 g (6 oz.) Cheddar Perron with La Criminelle black beer cheese, grated
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 60 ml (¼ cup) mayonnaise
- 60 ml (¼ cup) sour cream
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) fresh chives, chopped
- In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat and cook the onion and garlic for 5 minutes. Transfer half of the onion and garlic to a bowl and let cool. Pour the beer into the saucepan and reduce almost completely. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the bread crumbs and milk. Let the bread soak for a bit before breaking it up with a fork. Add the egg and beat well. Add the ground beef, parsley, grated cheese and cooled onion and garlic mixture. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F). Roll the beef into 2.5 cm (1 inch) meatballs and place them in a baking dish. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix the onion, garlic and beer mixture with the mayonnaise and sour cream. Season with salt and pepper and add the chives.
- Serve the meatballs with the beer sauce as a dip.
- The cooked meatballs and the sauce will keep in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days. The meatballs can also be set aside in the freezer or refrigerator before cooking.
Your message has been send successfully.