- 4 beef rib steaks
- 1 L’Extra Grand Camembert (170 g or 2/3 cup), diced
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) milk
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) 15% cream
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) green peppercorns, drained
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) balsamic vinegar
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) maple syrup
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) veal or beef stock
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) non-salted butter, diced
- Fresh thyme
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Melt cheese with milk and cream in a saucepan. Mix with a wooden spoon until completed melted and creamy. Add green peppercorns and set aside. Grill rib steaks on the BBQ according to taste. Set aside and keep warm.
- In another saucepan, brown shallots in a bit of butter.
- Deglaze with balsamic vinegar. Add maple syrup and reduce by half.
- Add veal or beef stock and reduce again by half. Add thyme and season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce to desired consistency. Briskly stir butter cubes into the sauce until creamy.
- Put the grilled rib steaks on a baking sheet. Cover the rib steaks with the cheese mixture. Broil for 2 or 3 minutes. Put on plates and cover with sauce.
- Serve the rib steaks with spinach sautéed in butter.
Your message has been send successfully.