- 3 large beets
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) butter
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 peeled potatoes, cut in cubes
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) coriander seeds, crushed
- 500 ml (2 cups) chicken stock
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 250 ml (1 cup) milk
- 250 ml (1 cup) Le Zéphyr, rind removed and shredded
- Boil the beets for 30 minutes or until they are tender. Peel the beets and cut them into cubes.
- In a saucepan, brown the beets in butter with the onions and potatoes.
- Add the coriander seeds and chicken stock. Add salt and pepper.
- Let it simmer for around 30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Purée in a blender.
- Pour back in the saucepan, add the milk and 180 ml (3/4 cup) of cheese.
- Cook until smooth. Garnish with the remaining cheese.
- This soup can be kept frozen for up to 3 months in a sealed container.
Your message has been send successfully.