- 4 chopped sirloin patties, each 150 to 225 g (1/3 to 1/2 lb)
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) butter
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 225 to 250 g (8 to 12 oz) of Bleu Bénédictin, sliced
- 1 large ripe tomato, sliced
- 1 large red onion, rings
- 4 fresh hamburger buns
- Salt and ground pepper
- Butter each half of the hamburger buns and lightly grill.
- In a large frying pan, heat butter on medium.
- Season hamburger patties with salt and ground pepper.
- Place two burgers at a time in the frying pan and cook on medium.
- Just before the end of cooking, cover each burger with a slice of Bleu Bénédictin and let melt slightly.
- Place a lettuce leaf on the lower half of each bun. Place burger with melted cheese on lettuce. Garnish with a tomato slice and onion rings. Assemble the burger and serve hot.
- You can also garnish the burger with sweet onion relish, pear slices and chopped walnuts.
- If fresh patties are used, it is preferable to use top sirloin for this recipe. The flavour of the Bleu Bénédictin will be enhanced even more if you season it with ground pepper and salt.
Your message has been send successfully.