- 60 ml (4 tbsp.) butter
- 3 1/2 lbs (1.6 kg) veal, in 2 cm cubes (3/4-in.)
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) white wine
- 500 ml (2 cups) veal or chicken stock
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) honey
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) dried apricots, chopped
- Zest of an orange, grated finely
- 1 star anise (optional)
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cup) Camembert From Here, rind removed, cut in cubes
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) sliced almonds
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- In a large bowl, cook almonds 2 to 3 minutes on low until they are golden. Set aside.
- In a large ovenproof pan, heat 30 ml (3 tbsp.) of butter on medium.
- Sear the veal cubes on all sides.
- Add shallots and garlic. Add salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Add white wine, veal stock, honey, apricots, orange zest and star anise.
- Cover and bake approximately 2 hours or until the meat is very tender.
- Thirty minutes before cooking is done, add the cheese cubes.
- Before serving, garnish with roasted sliced almonds and green onions, accompanied with braised carrots and beets.
- This recipe is also delicious with a Brie.
Your message has been send successfully.