- 1 large sweet potato
- 4 breakfast sausages, uncooked
- 1 large tomato, cut into 4 slices
- 250 ml (1 cup) baby spinach
- 4 eggs
- 100 g (3½ oz.) Le 1608 cheese, cut into 4 slices
- Place the sweet potato on a plate and make incisions in the top using a knife. Cook in the microwave for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, remove the sausage meat from the casing and make patties. In a skillet, on medium heat and cook the patties for 3 minutes on each side or until they are well cooked.
- Remove the skin from the sweet potato, if desired, and cut into 4 rounds of 2 cm (3/4 in.). Transfer rounds to a baking sheet and top each one with a sausage patty, a tomato slice, a quarter of the spinach and a cheese slice. Cook in the oven at 260oC (500oF) for 2 to 3 minutes to melt the cheese.
- In the skillet used to cook the sausage, cook the eggs sunny side up or over-easy, as desired.
- Remove gratins from the oven and place on individual plates. Garnish each gratin with an egg and serve immediately.
- The cooked gratin dishes will keep in the refrigerator for up to 1 to 2 days. Eggs must be cooked just before serving.
Your message has been send successfully.