- 250 ml (1 cup) 35% cream
- 250 ml (1 cup) milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 125 ml to 180 ml (1/2 to 3/4 cup) sugar
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) vanilla
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) of Brie From Here
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) sugar
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) water
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) maple syrup
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) 35% cream
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) butter
- In a saucepan, heat cream and milk.
- In a bowl, whip egg yolks and sugar to obtain a creamy mixture.
- Gradually add, while whisking constantly, the egg yolk mixture to the cream.
- Continue to whisk and cook over low heat, whisking until it has thickened. Do not let boil to prevent the eggs from scrambling.
- Remove from heat and incorporate the Brie From Here and vanilla. Let cool.
- Churn in an ice-cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- If you don’t have an ice-cream maker, place in the freezer for a few hours until the preparation is almost firm on the sides and bottom, but still liquid in the centre.
- Remove from the freezer and use a whisk or electric mixer to break-up the ice crystals and make it consistent.
- Return to the freezer.
- In a saucepan, cook sugar and water over medium heat until caramelized.
- Add maple syrup and cream and continue cooking to a consistent thickness. Incorporate butter. Keep in the refrigerator until serving.
- Serve with caramelized maple and garnish with a mint leaf, if desired.
Your message has been send successfully.