- 1 large Savoy cabbage
- 450 g (1 lb) ground veal
- 225 g (1/2 lb) Toulouse sausage meat, or other sausage according to taste
- 2 onions, chopped
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) fresh thyme, chopped
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) fresh parsley, chopped
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) chives, chopped
- 2 bread slices, with crusts removed, dipped in 60 ml (1/4 cup) of milk
- 1 egg
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) prunes, chopped
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) roasted pine nuts
- 500 ml (2 cups) La Tomme des Demoiselles, cut into cubes
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Marinara sauce (store-bought or homemade)
- Preheat oven to 350° F (180° C).
- Blanch the cabbage in a pot of salted boiling water. Drain and rinse with cold water to cool it down. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the veal, sausage meat, onions, herbs, bread, egg, prunes, pine nuts, and half of the cheese. Add salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Divide the stuffing between the individual cabbage leaves, roll and fold the ends to form small stuffed cabbage rolls. Place the rolls on a baking dish, cover with marinara sauce and the remainder of the cheese.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour covered with aluminum foil.
Your message has been send successfully.