- 1 round (225 g or 8 oz) Camembert From Here
- 2 pears, peeled and cut in half
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) maple syrup
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) balsamic vinegar
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) hazelnuts
- Slices of baguette bread
- A few fresh thyme branches
- Preheat the BBQ to medium heat.
- In a saucepan, bring maple syrup and balsamic vinegar to a boil for 2 to 3 minutes to a syrupy consistency, to form a caramel. Set aside.
- Grill the pears 2 to 3 minutes on the barbecue, just to mark them. Add the pears, hazelnuts and thyme to the caramel mix and coat thoroughly. Set aside.
- Place the Camembert From Here directly on the BBQ grill and let cook 2 minutes, charred. Turn over and continue cooking 2 minutes or until the cheese is soft to the touch.
- Serve with baguette bread slices and caramel-covered pears and hazelnuts.
- Try this recipe with Le Fleurmier de Charlevoix.
Your message has been send successfully.