- 125 ml (1/2 cup) Le Noble, rind removed, cut into cubes
- 500 ml (2 cups) 35% cream
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) sugar
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) vanilla extract
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) mixed candied fruit, finely chopped
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) candied citrus peel, finely chopped
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) dark chocolate, chopped
- 12 sheets of egg roll shells, store-bought
- 1 egg, lightly beaten, for brushing
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Icing sugar, for sprinkling
- In a saucepan, melt the Le Noble in 125 ml (1/2 cup) cream. Cover with plastic wrap, and let cool down.
- Beat the remaining cream with the sugar and vanilla extract. Add the Le Noble mixture, candied fruit, citrus peel, and dark chocolate. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Preheat the oil in a deep-fryer at 375°F (190°C).
- Line a baking sheet with paper towels. Roll each dough sheet around a cannoli tube. If you do not have a cannoli tube, place the cylindrical handle of a kitchen utensil with a diameter of about 2.5 cm (1 in.) diagonally on a pastry square. Bring the two corners around the handle, and hold it together using the beaten egg.
- Fry each cannoli for about 2 minutes. Drain them on the baking sheet. Repeat the process until you have used up all the dough. Let the shells cool down completely. Using a pastry bag, fill the cannolis with the filling.
- Sprinkle with some icing sugar.
Your message has been send successfully.