- 250 ml (1 cup) sugar
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) water
- 85 ml (1/3 cup) salted butter
- 250 ml (1 cup) 35% cream
- 2 200 g (6 ½ oz) packages of Camembert from here, rind removed, coarsely chopped
- In a saucepan over low heat, dissolve the sugar in the water.
- Keep over low heat until the mixture turns deep golden brown.
- Remove from heat and add the butter and cream, stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Put the mixture back over low heat and cook until smooth.
- Gradually add the Camembert while stirring, allowing the cheese to melt.
- This caramel sauce is excellent served hot or warm over crepes, French toast, waffles, or fruit. Once cooled, the sauce makes an excellent cake frosting or spread for toast.
- Pour the caramel sauce into tartlet shells, chill, and top with fruit.
Your message has been send successfully.