- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) butter
- 4 lamb shanks
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 shallots, quartered
- 2 fresh rosemary branches, chopped
- 3 juniper berries, crushed
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) honey
- 250 ml (1 cup) red wine
- 500 ml (2 cups) poultry stock
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 250 ml (1 cup) Le Zéphyr, grated
- Preheat oven to 325°F (175°C).
- Heat butter in an ovenproof casserole dish, and brown the shanks on all sides.
- Add garlic, shallots, rosemary, and juniper berries.
- Add honey, red wine and poultry stock. Add salt and pepper.
- Cover with aluminum foil, place in the oven and bake slowly for approximately 3 hours, basting frequently. Meat should be fork-tender.
- During the final 10 minutes, top with Le Zéphyr and continue baking until the cheese has melted.
- Serve with grilled vegetables.
Your message has been send successfully.
You can use this cheese for this recipe
These full-bodied wines have an intense colouring and a powerful, complex bouquet of fruit, spice, and sometimes woody aromas. They present a hearty tannic structure and a velvety sensation in the mouth.