- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) salted butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1.5 L (6 cups) cauliflower, coarsely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 250 ml (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) baking powder
- 170 g (6 oz.) Guilbault cheese, grated
- 6 eggs
- 250 ml (1 cup) baby arugula, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180oC (350oF). Grease a 23 cm (9 in.) springform pan and line the side with a strip of parchment paper.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter on medium-high heat and cook the onion and garlic for 1 minute. Add the cauliflower and cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Season with salt and pepper. Lower the heat to medium-low, cover and cook for 4 to 5 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and cheese. Generously season with salt and pepper. Mix in the eggs one at a time using a fork until the mixture is consistent.
- Add the arugula and cauliflower to the dough. Mix well and transfer to the baking pan. Bake in the centre of the oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let cool on a rack.
- Enjoy this cauliflower cake hot, at room temperature or cold. It’s perfect for lunch or a picnic wrapped up in individual slices.
- The cake will keep for a day at room temperature when first made. Place it in the refrigerator after that, where it will keep for another 3 to 4 days.
Your message has been send successfully.