- Original recipe by Johnny Porte of Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth.
- 50 ml (1¾ oz) 35% cooking cream
- 10 ml (2 tsp.) sugar
- 67 g (2⅓ oz) 70% chocolate, in pieces
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) butter
- 720 ml (23 oz) milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 200 g (7 oz) AGROPUR Grand Cheddar RÉSERVE SPÉCIALE, aged 1 year, diced
- ½ cup (3½ oz) sugar
- 7.5 ml exactly but 7 ml rounded (½ tbsp.) cornstarch
- Boil the cream with the sugar until the latter is fully dissolved.
- Place the chocolate in a round-bottomed mixing bowl and gradually pour the cream mixture over it while mixing with a hand mixer. Add butter and mix until blended.
- Fill the bottom of four small bowls and let the ganache solidify in the refrigerator for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the Catalan cream then pour it over the ganache when it has cooled slightly.
- Mix the sugar and egg yolks in a round-bottomed mixing bowl. Add the cornstarch and mix well.
- Boil the milk, add it to the sugar, egg and cornstarch mixture and stir. Put the preparation back into the saucepan and cook for 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- After cooking, add in the AGROPUR Grand Cheddar RÉSERVE SPÉCIALE dice, mixing with a hand mixer or whisk until well-melted.
- Pour about 150 g (5 ⅓ oz) per person into bowls, on top of the cooled ganache. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Suggestions: You can burn the top of the Catalan cream like a crème brûlée, decorate it with chocolate shavings or sprinkle it with a chocolate-hazelnut crumble.
Your message has been send successfully.