- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) flour, plus 15 ml (1 tbsp.)
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) butter
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) milk
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) white wine
- 300 g (10 oz) grated Aged Cheddar from here, such as Agropur Grand Cheddar Réserve Spéciale, or other firm cheese, rind removed
- 300 g (10 oz) Bleu Bénédictin or other Blue-veined cheese from here, cut in small pieces
- 150 g (5 oz) Le Riopelle de l’Isle or other Soft cheese from here, cut in pieces
- 1 baguette, sliced
- Salt and ground black pepper
- In a saucepan, melt butter. Add 30 ml (2 tbsp.) of flour and incorporate well. Add milk and let thicken to obtain a béchamel sauce.
- Increase heat to medium. Pour in white wine and mix well with the béchamel sauce. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the grated firm cheese (cheddar) with 15 ml (1 tbsp.) of flour.
- Gradually, add this mix to the béchamel sauce, approximately 125 ml (1/2 cup) at a time, and heat on medium low, stirring thoroughly with a wooden spoon after each addition, until the cheese is completely melted and the sauce is consistent.
- Add the blue-veined cheese and the soft cheese, mixing well until the cheeses melt. If necessary, add a little milk if the fondue gets too thick.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Pour the preparation into a fondue pot. Serve with the small pieces of baguette, vegetables and fruits of your choice.
Your message has been send successfully.