- 125 ml (1/2 cup) 35% cream
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) Le Fleurmier de Charlevoix cheese
- 4 eggs
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) granulated sugar, plus 15 ml (1 tbsp.) to coat the gratin cups
- 250 ml (1 cup) almond powder
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) cornstarch
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) melted butter, plus 15 ml (1 tbsp.) to grease the gratin cups
- 1 jar (540 ml or 19 oz) pitted red Morello cherries*
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) slivered almonds
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 180° C (350° F).
- In a saucepan, heat the cream. Add the cheese and mix well, until completely melted. Set aside.
- In a bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the eggs together with 180 ml (3/4 cup) of sugar, until it takes a very light and foamy texture (about 8 minutes).
- Alternating with the cream and melted cheese mix, gradually add the almond powder and cornstarch to the eggs. Add 60 ml (1/4 cup) of melted butter and mix well.
- Coat 4 individual gratin cups with butter and sugar.
- Pour the mixture into the cups until they are three-quarters full.
- Add Morello cherries on top of the mixture in each cup.
- Bake about 8 minutes.
- Top with slivered almonds and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Cook another 4 minutes, until the clafouti pastries turn golden.
- The pastries are cooked when a knife inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- *Small cherries sold in glass jars in most grocery stores.
Your message has been send successfully.