- 225 g (8 oz.) puff pastry
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) salted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- ½ onion, finely diced
- 750 ml (3 cups) whole cherry tomatoes
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 140 g (5 oz.) Réserve La Pérade cheese, sliced
- Fresh thyme or basil, to taste
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- On a floured work surface, roll the puff pastry to ¼ in. (5 mm) thickness. Set aside in the refrigerator.
- In an oven-proof frying pan, melt the butter and brown the garlic and onions. Add the cherry tomatoes and sprinkle with sugar. Mix well. Cook for several minutes to caramelize the sugar. Remove from heat and add the cheese slices on top of the tomatoes.
- Cover the contents of the pan with the puff pastry. Brush the pastry with the beaten egg and bake for 30 minutes or until the crust is cooked and golden. Remove from oven and let stand several minutes.
- To serve, inverse the tart onto a large plate. Be careful as the caramel can seep out. Slice the pie and serve hot or cold. Sprinkle with fresh thyme or basil, if desired.
- The tart will keep in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
Your message has been send successfully.