- 450 g (1 lb) chopped chicken
- 250 ml (1 cup) L’Ancêtre Parmesan, grated
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) coconut, grated
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) panko (Japanese) or plain breadcrumbs
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Frying oil
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) firm yogurt
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) honey
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) Dijon mustard
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) curry powder
- 3 ml (1/2 tsp.) paprika
- In a large bowl, mix the chopped chicken, L'Ancêtre Parmesan, onion, egg, cilantro, half of the coconut, and half of the breadcrumbs together. Add salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining coconut and breadcrumbs together.
- Shape meatballs with the first mixture, and then roll them in the coconut and breadcrumb mixture. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep fryer or a sauté pan. Fry the meatballs in the oil, turning them constantly until golden brown. Drain them on paper towels. Serve with curry sauce.
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients together. Set aside.
Your message has been send successfully.