- 4 deboned chicken half-breasts or 4 chicken cutlets
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) of Ermite
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) 15% cream
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) sugar
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) red wine (optional)
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) veal or chicken stock
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) Morello cherries (sold in jars in all supermarkets)
- 1 sprig fresh marjoram
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (175ºC).
- In a bowl, mix the Ermite with cream. Set aside.
- Distribute the Ermite mixture on the chicken breasts. Roll and tie up.
- In a pan, melt 30 ml (2 tbsp.) butter over high heat and sear the chicken rolls on all sides.
- Put in a baking dish and continue cooking in the oven for about 8 minutes.
- In same the pan used to sear the rolls, melt the remainder of the butter and cook the shallots.
- Powder with sugar and caramelize. Add the red wine and reduce.
- Add veal or chicken stock and reduce again.
- Add the Morello cherries and marjoram. Add salt and pepper.
- Serve the chicken rolls covered in the Morello cherry sauce with steamed vegetables.
Your message has been send successfully.