- 60 ml (4 tbsp.) butter
- 2 French shallots, finely chopped
- 250 ml (1 cup) celery, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 250 ml (1 cup) carrots, finely diced
- 3 potatoes, diced
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) flour
- 500 ml (2 cups) milk
- 250 ml (1 cup) poultry stock
- 250 ml (1 cup) Le Guillaume Tell cheese, diced
- 2 red apples, diced
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, chopped
- 250 ml (1 cup) cooked broccoli pieces
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a large frying pan, melt half the butter and brown shallots, celery, garlic, carrots and potatoes. Add salt and pepper.
- Continue cooking for about 8 to 10 minutes, until vegetables are tender. Set aside.
- Melt the remainder of butter in a saucepan.
- Add flour and mix. Continue cooking for 1 minute.
- Add milk and poultry stock, and cook until the mixture thickens.
- Add half the cheese.
- Add the vegetable mixture, potatoes and pieces of chicken and broccoli. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Place in a gratin dish.
- Top with the remainder of cheese, and broil in the oven until cheese melts.
- This recipe can also be made with another soft cheese with a washed rind, such as Le 14 Arpents.
Your message has been send successfully.