- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 250 ml (1 cup) carrots, finely diced
- Salt and ground pepper, to taste
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 250 ml (1 cup) chicken stock
- 250 ml (1 cup) broccoli, finely chopped
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) cornstarch
- 625 ml (2 1/2 cups) milk
- 250 ml (1 cup) kernel corn
- 500 ml (2 cups) Le Mamirolle, grated
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter and brown the onion, garlic and carrots. Cook about 3 minutes. Add salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken strips. Continue cooking for about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the broccoli.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in the milk, and pour the mixture into the saucepan. Continue cooking until the mixture thickens.
- Add the corn. Add 375 ml (1 1/2 cup) of Le Mamirolle and stir until melted.
- Before serving, sprinkle the rest of the cheese over the chowder.
Your message has been send successfully.