- 1.5 litre (6 cups) yellow potatoes, peeled and cut coarsely
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) butter
- 340 g (¾ lb.) chicken thighs, diced
- 455 g (1 lb.) ground chicken
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 250 ml (1 cup) demi-glace sauce
- 60 ml (¼ cup) milk
- 155 g (5½ oz.) Le Joliette cheese, cut into large cubes
- 125 ml (½ cup) fresh parsley leaves
- 60 ml (¼ cup) fresh chives, coarsely chopped
- 250 ml (1 cup) arugula shoots
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a large saucepan, cook the potatoes in salted water until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another saucepan, melt butter over high heat and brown the diced and ground chicken. Add the onion and garlic. Cook for another 3 to 4 minutes. Pour the demi-glace sauce into the pan and cook until the chicken is cooked through. Transfer to an 8-inch (20 cm) square baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Drain the potatoes. Mash with the milk. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the cheese and spread the mixture over the chicken. Bake for 20 minutes.
- 5 minutes before the end of baking, mix the parsley, chives and arugula in a bowl to make a salad. Toss with the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Serve the crumble garnished with chopped herb and arugula salad.
- Cooked crumble will keep in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days. It can also be kept in the refrigerator or freezer before final baking. The herb and arugula salad should be prepared just before serving.
Your message has been send successfully.