- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) soft butter
- 250 g (1 cup) long macaroni
- 60 ml (4 tbsp.) butter
- 250 ml (1 cup) button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) flour
- 250 ml (1 cup) milk
- 250 ml (1 cup) Agropur Grand Cheddar Réserve Spéciale, grated
- 1 cooked chicken, deboned and chopped
- 500 ml (2 cups) of fresh baby spinach
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Grease a 23 cm (9 in) spring form pan with 15 ml (1 tbsp.) of butter. Place the pan in the refrigerator so that the butter will congeal and better hold the macaroni.
- In a large saucepan of boiling water, cook the macaroni until al dente, around 20 minutes. Rinse and let cool.
- Distribute the macaroni in the pan, covering the bottom and forming a base layer.
- In a saucepan, melt the remaining butter and sauté the mushrooms and shallots until browned. Sprinkle with flour while stirring.
- Add milk, stir, and continue cooking until the sauce thickens.
- Add half of Agropur Grand Cheddar Réserve Spéciale and continue cooking until the cheese has melted and the mixture is homogeneous.
- Add chicken and baby spinach. Stir well.
- Pour this mixture into the macaroni pan.
- Top with the remaining Agropur Grand Cheddar Réserve Spéciale and bake for approximately 30 minutes, until cheese is golden brown.
- Remove from pan and serve with salad.
Your message has been send successfully.