- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) flour
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 600 g (1-1/3 lb) chicken cutlets
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) butter
- Zest and juice of a lemon
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) capers
- 310 ml (1¼ cups) chicken stock
- 60 ml (¼ cup) 35% cream
- 210 g (7 oz) L’Ancêtre Mozzarella cheese, grated
- 10 ml (2 tsp.) flour
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) fresh parsley, chopped
- Season the flour and flour the cutlets on both sides.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat and brown the cutlets. Set aside on a plate.
- Proceed in two steps if the skillet is not large enough to hold all the chicken at once.
- In the same skillet, deglaze with the lemon juice.
- Add the zest and capers.
- Using a wooden spoon, scrape the pan to release the meat juices.
- Add the chicken stock and cream. Let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Mix the L’Ancêtre Mozzarella cheese with 10 ml (2 tsp.) of flour and stir it gradually into the sauce in the skillet.
- Return the chicken cutlets to the sauce and finish cooking them for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add parsley and serve with pasta and a green vegetable.
Your message has been send successfully.