- One chicken cut into pieces or 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) butter
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 carrots, cut in rings
- 2 zucchinis, sliced
- 2 red peppers, cut into strips
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into strips
- 1 eggplant, sliced
- 1 can of stewed tomatoes (398 ml or 19 oz)
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 250 ml (1 cup) Le Migneron de Charlevoix, grated
- Preheat oven to 350° F (180° C). In a large ovenproof pan, brown the chicken pieces in the butter and oil. Set aside on a plate.
- In the same pan, brown the onion, carrot, zucchini, pepper and eggplant slices for about 10 minutes.
- Add the stewed tomatoes and garlic, and continue cooking for 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper.
- Put the chicken pieces back in the pan and bake for about 30 minutes.
- Cover with cheese and bake for 10 more minutes until melted.
- Serve with rice.
Your message has been send successfully.