- 4 slices of bacon, chopped
- 4 chicken breasts
- 225 g (8 oz) fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 10 ml (2 tsp) fresh rosemary, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 125 ml (½ cup) white wine, chicken stock or unsweetened apple juice
- 150 g (5 oz) Le Fou du Roy cheese, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F (200 °C).
- In an oven-proof skillet, cook the bacon over medium-high heat until crisp. Set aside in a small bowl.
- In the same skillet, brown the chicken breasts on each side. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Still in the same skillet, sauté the mushrooms and shallot in the remaining fat.
- Add the rosemary and season. Deglaze with the white wine.
- Return the chicken to the skillet and sprinkle with bacon.
- Cover the chicken with cheese and bake for 15 minutes. Serve.
Looking for an alternative to this cheese?
- Visit our Semi-soft cheeses section.
Your message has been send successfully.