- 60 ml (1/4 cup) red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 500 ml (2 cups) spinach, chopped
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) pecan pieces
- 1 sausage of your choice (without casings)
- 250 g (8 oz) Saint-Paulin from here, diced and rind removed
- Salt and ground pepper
- 1 whole chicken
- 4 clementines, halved
- 85 ml (1/3 cup) white wine
- 500 ml (2 cups) water
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) flour
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) butter, at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Combine the red onion, garlic, spinach, pecans and sausage meat. Add two-thirds of the cheese and season.
- Place the chicken in a baking dish. Fill the chicken cavity with the cheese stuffing.
- Arrange the clementines around the chicken, and pour the wine and water over the chicken.
- Bake at 375°F (190°C) for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until cooked.
- Mix the flour and butter to form a paste (beurre manié).
- Pour the cooking juices from the chicken into a small saucepan, bring to a boil and add the beurre manié, while stirring with a whisk. Simmer to thicken the sauce.
- Melt the leftover cheese in the sauce and serve with the chicken and stuffing.
Your message has been send successfully.