- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) butter
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 125 ml (½ cup) basmati rice
- 540 ml (19 oz.) canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1.5 litre (6 cups) vegetable stock
- 3 ml (½ tsp.) lemon zest
- 1 ml (¼ tsp.) curry powder
- 150 g (5 ½ oz) fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) fresh cilantro, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 150 g (5 ½ oz) La BELLE-MÈRE cheese, diced
- 60 ml (¼ cup) roasted pistachios, shelled and chopped
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat and cook the garlic, onion and pepper for 5 minutes.
- Add the rice, chickpeas and vegetable stock.
- Bring to a boil, cover and cook for 10 minutes.Stir in the lemon zest and curry. Cook for 5 more minutes.
- Remove from heat, add the spinach and cilantro.
- Adjust seasoning and serve topped with diced cheese and pistachios.
Looking for an alternative to this cheese?
- Check out our semi-soft cheeses category.
Your message has been send successfully.