- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) butter
- 1 kg (2 lbs) ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) chili powder
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) cumin powder
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) oregano powder
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) cinnamon powder
- 1 can of tomatoes (796 ml or 28 oz)
- 500 ml (2 cups) chicken stock
- 1 can of red kidney beans (796 ml or 28 oz), rinsed and drained
- 500 ml (2 cups) Aged Cheddar From Here, grated
- In a large frying pan, melt the butter and brown the ground beef. Add the onion and garlic, and continue cooking for 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper.
- Add the spices, tomatoes and chicken stock. Check the seasoning and cook uncovered over low heat, for about 1 hour.
- Add the red kidney beans 15 minutes before the end of the cooking time.
- Top with aged Aged Cheddar From Here and serve with tortillas.
Your message has been send successfully.