- 625 ml (2 1/2 cups) ground cherries, husked
- 500 ml (2 cups) sugar
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) water
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 625 ml (2 1/2 cups) gooseberries
- 1 lemon
- 250 ml (1 cup) white wine vinegar
- 250 ml (1 cup) honey
- 250 ml (1 cup) sugar
- 8 red onions, thinly sliced
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) butter
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) honey
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) sugar
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) sherry vinegar
- 250 ml (1 cup) blueberries
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Pour sugar and water into a saucepan. Bring to a boil and let it cook for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add ground cherries, lemon juice and zest. Bring it to a boil again. Let it cook over medium heat for approximately 15 minutes, until fruits become translucent. Skim the liquid frequently while it cooks. Put into jars.
- Slice lemon into thin wheels, then cut each wheel in 4. Set aside.
- Pour white wine vinegar and honey into a saucepan. Bring to a boil and let it cook for approximately 10 minutes, until the liquid is reduced by half.
- Add lemon slices and continue cooking for approximately 15 minutes, until the fruits are translucent.
- Add gooseberries and sugar. Continue cooking for approximately 10 minutes, stirring and skimming the liquid until it thickens.
- Put into jars.
- Melt butter in a saucepan. Add onions and let them cook over low heat, stirring frequently until browned (approximately 20 minutes). Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add honey and sugar, and continue cooking for approximately 10 minutes.
- Pour in sherry vinegar and blueberries, and let it simmer for approximately 5 minutes, until it has the consistency of jam.
- Put into jars.
- Serve the chutneys with cheeses from here and a sliced baguette.
Your message has been send successfully.