- 85 ml (1/3 cup) butter
- 125 ml (½ cup) brown sugar
- 160 ml (2/3 cup) water
- 1 pinch of salt
- One 8 g, 10 ml (2 tsp.) packet of instant yeast
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) hot water (not boiling)
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) sour cream
- 125 ml (½ cup) milk
- 1 litre (4 cups) all-purpose flour, unbleached
- 85 ml (1/3 cup) butter, softened
- 180 ml (¾ cup) brown sugar
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) ground cinnamon
- 250 g (8 oz) Réserve La Pérade cheese,grated
- In a saucepan, bring the butter, brown sugar, water and salt to a boil. Simmer for 7 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix the yeast, warm water and brown sugar. Place the bowl somewhere away from drafts while the yeast reacts.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with the sour cream and milk. Whisk in the warm contents of the pan and the yeast. Stir in the flour with a wooden spoon. Finish by hand, adding flour until the dough no longer sticks to your fingers. Knead on a floured surface for a few minutes.
- Place the ball of dough in a large buttered bowl and brush the top. Cover with plastic wrap and a towel to keep warm. Let stand away from drafts until the dough has doubled in size (about 45 minutes).
- On the floured surface, using a rolling pin, roll out the dough until it is 1.25 cm (½ in.) thick. Spread butter on it and cover it with brown sugar and cinnamon. Add the grated /directory/reserve-la-perade/Réserve La Pérade and roll the dough over itself, topped side inwards. Slice to 3.75 cm (1½ in.) thickness and place flat in a rectangular oven-proof dish or in a buttered baking pan for 12 large muffins.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 350 °F (180 °C) for 30 minutes or until the buns are puffed and golden. Serve hot or cold.
Looking for an alternative to this cheese?
- Visit our Firm with washed rind or Organic cheeses sections.
Your message has been send successfully.