- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) salted butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 750 ml (3 cups) sunchokes, coarsely chopped
- 1 apple, peeled and diced
- 750 ml (3 cups) chicken or vegetable broth
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 100 g (3½ oz.) Le Pizy cheese, cut into small wedges
- Baby greens of your choosing
- Small apple pieces, to taste
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter on medium-high heat and cook the onion. Add the sunchoke and apple, and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add the broth and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and let simmer, covered, for 15 to 20 minutes or until the sunchokes are tender.
- In a blender, purée the potage. Transfer the potage back to the saucepan and reheat. Serve immediately, garnished with the cheese wedges, baby greens and pieces of apple.
To serve cold:
- Pour the potage in a sealable container and let cool before refrigerating. Chill for at least 1 hour. If the potage is too thick, add a little milk or cream, as desired. Serve with the garnishes.
- The potage will keep in the refrigerator for 5 to 7 days. You may also freeze it, without the garnish. A potage that has been frozen must be served hot. Add the garnishes just before serving.
Your message has been send successfully.