- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) butter
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 kg (2 lbs) asparagus, cut in sections
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) honey
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) fresh thyme
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 L (4 cups) chicken stock
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) 15% cooking cream
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) milk
- 250 ml (1 cup) Brie From Here, rind removed, cut into cubes
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter and sauté the shallots.
- Add the asparagus and continue cooking for 2 minutes.
- Add the honey and thyme. Add salt and pepper. Add the chicken stock and let the mixture simmer for 20 minutes, or until the asparagus is tender.
- Blend the mixture into a smooth purée.
- Pour the mixture back into the saucepan. Add the cream, milk and Brie From Here cubes. Let the mixture simmer until the cheese is melted and well blended.
Your message has been send successfully.