- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) butter
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) lean bacon, diced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, finely chopped
- 1 L (4 cups) fresh corn kernels (approximately 12 shelled cobs) or frozen
- 750 ml (3 cups) chicken stock
- 250 ml (1 cup) 35% cream
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) lemon juice
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) chives, chopped
- 250 ml (1 cup) Baluchon cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté bacon, onion, celery and yellow pepper in 15 ml (1 tbsp.) butter until they are brown (approximately 10 minutes). Add 500 ml (2 cups) corn kernels and chicken stock. Mix and bring to a boil. Add salt and pepper to taste. Let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Blend vegetable preparation and chicken stock until nicely puréed. Pour purée into saucepan and add 125 ml (1/2 cup) of cream and 125 ml (1/2 cup) of cheese. Reduce heat and continue cooking for approximately 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sauté remainder of corn with the remaining butter in a frying pan until golden (approximately 5 minutes). Add sautéed corn kernels to soup. Set aside.
- Whip remainder of cream until soft peaks are formed. Add lemon juice and chives. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Pour cream corn into bowls. Put some of remaining grated cheese on each portion. Garnish with 15 ml (1 tbsp.) of the chive and cream mixture.
Your message has been send successfully.