- 4 slices of prosciutto
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) butter
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 L (4 cups) frozen green peas
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) white wine (optional)
- 1 L (4 cups) chicken stock
- 3 fresh thyme branches
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) 15% cream
- 250 ml (1 cup) L'Ange Gardien, grated
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 °F (200 °C). Lay the slices of prosciutto on a baking sheet. Bake for about 5 minutes or until the prosciutto slices are crispy. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter and brown the shallot. Add the green peas, and continue cooking for 2 minutes. Add the white wine. Let the mixture reduce by half. Add the chicken stock and fresh thyme. Continue cooking for about 10 minutes.
- Blend the mixture into a smooth purée. Pour the mixture back into the saucepan. Add the cream and half of the L'Ange Gardien. Continue cooking for about 5 minutes, until the cheese melts, and mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Before serving, top the soup with prosciutto chips and the rest of the L'Ange Gardien.
Your message has been send successfully.