- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) butter
- 2 leeks, white part only, thinly sliced
- 1 L (4 cups) white mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 thyme branches, chopped
- 500 ml (2 cups) chicken stock
- 500 ml (2 cups) milk
- 8 slices of Vaudreuil Brie, rind removed
- 4 Melba toasts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter, and brown the leeks and mushrooms for approximately 5 minutes. Add the garlic and thyme, and continue cooking for a few minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and milk, and the salt and pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil, and let it simmer over low heat for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are very tender.
- Blend the mixture into a smooth purée.
- Pour the cream of mushrooms back into the saucepan.
- Heat and add half of the cheese, while stirring, until it is well mixed. Keep warm. Place the slices of Vaudreuil Brie onto the Melba toasts, and broil them until the cheese melts.
- Serve the cream of mushrooms with Vaudreuil Brie toasts.
Your message has been send successfully.