- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) salted butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 L (4 cups) spinach
- 3 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 750 ml (3 cups) vegetable broth
- 250 ml (1 cup) milk
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 100 g (3½ oz.) Le Péribonka cheese, diced
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter on medium heat and cook the onion for 2 minutes.
- Add the spinach, potatoes, broth and milk. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and let simmer, covered, for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- In a blender, purée the potage. Transfer the potage back to the saucepan and reheat. Adjust the seasoning. Serve garnished with the cheese.
To serve cold:
- Pour the potage in a sealable container and let cool before refrigerating. Chill for at least 1 hour. If the potage is too thick, add a little milk or cream, as desired. Serve garnished with the cheese.
- The potage will keep in the refrigerator for 5 to 7 days. You may also freeze it, without the cheese. A potage that has been frozen must be served hot. Add the cheese just before serving.
Your message has been send successfully.