- 125 ml (½ cup) flour
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 eggs
- 250 ml (1 cup) bread crumbs
- 200 g (7 oz.) wheel Le Démon cheese, grated
- 6 chicken breast cutlets
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) Herbes de Provence
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 500 ml (2 cups) watermelon, sliced
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) fresh parsley leaves
- 22 ml (1½ tbsp.) lemon juice
- 22 ml (1½ tbsp.) olive oil
- Pour the flour into a soup plate and season generously with salt and pepper. In a second soup plate, beat the eggs with 2 tbsp. (30 ml) water. In a third soup plate, mix the bread crumbs with the grated cheese.
- Coat the chicken cutlets with flour, dip in eggs and then in the bread and cheese mixture, making sure they are well breaded.
- Cook in a non-stick pan over medium-high heat for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until chicken is cooked through and breading is golden brown and crispy.
- While the chicken cooks, place alternating slices of tomato and watermelon on 4 plates. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with parsley. Combine the lemon juice and olive oil and drizzle over tomatoes and watermelon.
- Place the cooked chicken on the salad and serve.
- You can substitute other grilling cheeses with this recipe.
- Uncooked breaded chicken cutlets will keep for 24 hours in the refrigerator. Cooked crispy chicken will keep for 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator. The salad should be prepared just before serving.
Your message has been send successfully.