- 500 ml (2 cups) short macaroni
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) butter
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) shallots, chopped
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) all-purpose flour
- 2 ml (1/2 tsp.) dry mustard
- 500 ml (2 cups) milk
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cup) Danesborg Havarti, grated
- 250 ml (1 cup) Swiss From Here, grated
- 250 ml (1 cup) pieces of soft bread, crust removed
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (175ºC).
- In a large saucepan, cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, over medium heat, melt half the butter. Cook shallots until tender. Incorporate flour and dry mustard, then gradually add milk. Cook on medium, stirring continuously until the sauce thickens. Remove from heat.
- Add the grated /directory/danesborg-havartiDanesborg Havarti and /directory/families/swiss-from-hereSwiss From Here. Stir until the cheeses melt. Gently add macaroni. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour into a rectangular, 2 L (8 cups), shallow baking dish. Melt the remainder of butter and mix with the pieces of bread. Sprinkle macaroni with cheese with bread mixture and bake for 20 minutes or until the pasta is very hot.
- A Cheddar From Here can also be used with long macaroni and drained stewing tomatoes.
Your message has been send successfully.