- 2 litres (8 cups) apples, peeled and cut into sticks
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) unsalted butter, melted
- 3 ml (½ tsp.) ground cinnamon
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) salted butter
- 180 ml (¾ cup) brown sugar
- 180 ml (¾ cup) 35% or 15% cooking cream
- 3 ml (½ tsp.) pure vanilla extract
- 150 g. (5⅓ oz) Léo cheese
- Preheat oven to 260oC (500oF). Coat the apples in melted butter and place on a baking sheet. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until tender and golden. Stir the apples a few times while cooking.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat and add the brown sugar, cream and vanilla. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 5 minutes. Keep warm.
- Dice the cheese. Add the extra maple Port wine contained in the cheese package into the sauce.
- Divide the hot apples between 4 to 6 bowls. Cover with sauce and garnish with cheese.
- The sauce can be prepared in advance and will keep in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days. Final preparation of the poutine, however, must be done just before eating.
Your message has been send successfully.